The California Association for Nurse Practitioner’s 43rd Annual Educational Conference, supported by NSO, will be held virtually on April 22-24. We are using a contemporary event technology platform, Socio, to host the event. Listed below are some important details for accessing the virtual event, optimizing your experience, navigating the program, and receiving contact hours and pharmacology credit for your participation.
LOGGING ONTO EVENT PLATFORM
First and foremost, here are instructions for logging in and setting up your profile on Socio in advance of the event beginning on Thursday. You can access the event on desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile:
- Use this link to access CANP’s 43rd Annual Educational Conference on Socio.
- Then, enter the exact email address you used to register set your own password, and create your profile. You can ignore the options to “continue with” social media. Here’s more information on how to build an awesome profile.
- Socio App: You can also download our companion mobile app if you're on the go! Download the Socio Event App for iPhone or Android.
- Once the app is installed, enter the exact email address you used to register (ignore the social media options), set your own password, and create your profile (if you haven't already).
- Search for Nurse.
- Tap the California Association for Nurse Practitioners.
- Tap JOIN
BEST PRACTICES FOR OPTIMIZING YOUR VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE
Give Your Computer a “Check-Up” with an internet speed test.
- Make sure you are fully optimized for our virtual event. We encourage you to run an internet speed test to help ensure that the speed of your connection is fast enough for video streaming.
- In your browser go to speedtest.net and press the big GO button.
- You will see a “speedometer” testing download and upload speeds.
Equipment and Browser Software
- Make sure you have the following: Laptop or desktop.
- Most recent version of Chrome or Firefox browser. Chrome is preferred.
This year's conference program features insightful keynotes, in-depth educational sessions, and opportunities to learn from thought leaders as we cover today’s most pressing health care issues and happenings. Review the conference onsite guide and plan ahead.
Don’t miss our compelling keynote presentations, which will take place during the Opening and Closing General Sessions:
- Friday, April 23 | 1:15 pm — Keynote Speaker Dr. Scharmaine Lawson, nationally recognized and award-winning NP and author will discuss The Business of Nursing
- Saturday, April 24 | 9:00 am — CANP’s Legislative Advocate Kristy Wiese will give her annual Legislative Update and CANP will present Dr. Garrett K. Chan with this year's NP of Distinction Award
Practice-specialty lounges afford an opportunity to chat with NPs about their areas of expertise. It’s the perfect place to forge valuable connections and develop lasting friendships. Featured topics include:
Friday, April 23 | 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Acute Care
- Primary Care
- Psychiatry/Mental Health
- Women’s Health
Interactive Safe Spaces
Saturday, April 24 | 12:15 pm – 1:00 pm
- BIPOC NP Networking – Exclusively for NPs who belong to Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian/Pacific Islander, and/or other communities of color, this is the place to discuss experiences, build connections, and develop strategies of support.
- LGBTQIA+ NP Networking – Created to facilitate networking among NPs who belong to LGBTQIA+ communities, this space encourages the development of a support system through shared experiences and strategies.
- NP Health Justice Networking – This session is for NPs who wish to engage in anti-oppressive health justice work — such as anti-racist, anti-transphobic, anti-ableist, anti-homophobic, and anti-classist — within CANP and the NP profession. NPs new to intersectional health equity work are welcome.
There will be four Symposiums designed to provide expert insight into some of today’s most pressing health care issues. Special thanks to our Symposium Sponsors!
- Thursday, April 22 | 6:00 – 7:00 pm, Sponsored by SK Life Science Inc.
"Spotlight on XCOPRI® (Cenobamate Tablets) CV for the Treatment of Partial-Onset Seizures in Adult Patients"
- Friday, April 23 | 7:00 – 8:00 am, Sponsored by Paradigm Medical Communications
"Minimizing the Burden of Influenza: New and Emerging Strategies"
- Friday, April 23 | 5:00 – 6:00 pm, Sponsored by Sanofi Genzyme
"Hidden in Plain Sight: Recognizing Manageable Genetic Conditions"
- Saturday, April 24 | 7:45 – 8:45 am, Sponsored by Astra Zeneca
"Progression of Chronic Kidney Disease: Opportunities for Prevention, Intervention, and Mitigation"
VIRTUAL EXPO HALL
Our interactive expo provides education and motivation as easily and effectively as if you were on site. The Expo Hall will be open the entire event, but you can make 1:1 appointments or visit the virtual Exhibit Booths during the Expo on:
- Friday, April 23 | 7:00 am – 8:00 am
- Friday, April 23 | 11:15 am – 12:00 pm
ACCREDITATION: POST-TEST AND EVALUATIONS
This activity is approved for 50 contact hour(s) of continuing education (which includes 10.75 hours of pharmacology) by the American Association for Nurse Practitioners (AANP). Activity ID 21044863. This activity was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies. The CEUs you earn will be based on receiving a score of 70% or higher on the post-test and completing the session evaluation.
To access CE certificates:
- Go to canpweb.org.
- Click Log In.
- Click My Account, then My Continuing Education.
- Click Print next to one of the sessions you attended.
- Note: The certificate will print your total number of CE and Rx credits earned. You do not need to print a certificate for each session attended. This process must be completed using a desktop computer.
The CANP Political Action Committee (PAC) is a bipartisan effort dedicated to supporting state legislative candidates that are advocates for nurse practitioners. Aggregating contributions from numerous individuals into a single fund allows us to support candidates and issues that represent our best interests.
Your donation can make a difference that affects us all, so please show your support by clicking here. Donors will be entered into a raffle for fabulous prizes:
- $500 Amazon Gift Card
- Designer Handbag
- Week-long stay at beachfront timeshare in San Diego (Participants are eligible for this specific item only with donations of $100 increments; a donation of $500 is equivalent to five raffle tickets.)
Winners will be announced on May 28.
Follow CANP on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn to get the latest information and connect with other attendees using the hashtag #CANP43.