Controlled Substance II

The California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) is no longer accepting Continuing Education (CE) courses to obtain initial Controlled Substance II (CS II) privileges, including the one formerly provided by the California Association for Nurse Practitioners (CANP). Nurse practitioners (NPs) seeking initial CS II privileges are required to attend a BRN-approved advanced pharmacology course associated with a NP program that includes the risk of addiction. BRN approved advanced pharmacology courses can be found here.