- Why should I become a member?
When you join CANP, you enter a close-knit community where information and ideas are freely exchanged, helping members stay at the top of their profession and play a powerful role in health care today.
- How do I renew my membership?
You can renew your membership by any of the following methods:
- Under the My Account section, click "Renew" and complete the renewal form
- Click the renew link under the membership tab
- Download an application and mail to CANP 1415 L Street, Suite 1000 Sacramento, CA 95814
- Once I’m a member, how do I become involved?
First and foremost, contact your local chapter. Most members are involved at the local level, where chapters typically conduct monthly meetings that provide valuable networking opportunities. You’ll definitely want to attend the Annual Educational Conference, CANP’s premier annual event. Are you looking to help influence the direction of the association? There are many opportunities for you to get involved at the leadership level. You could participate on a committee, become a representative at the House of Delegates, even become a member of the board of directors. While all members are encouraged to get involved, your level of engagement is entirely up to you.
- There’s a lot of emphasis on “advocacy.” What does that mean for me?
CANP has a long history of being actively engaged in the legislative process, educating legislators and policy makers about the role NPs play in California's health care delivery system and protecting and expanding NP practice. Through its advocacy efforts, CANP helps thousands of nurse practitioners speak as one, providing a collective voice in the State Capitol.
- How does CANP help me earn continuing education credits?
Our Annual Educational Conference is the state’s only event focused exclusively on continuing education for advanced practice nursing. Each year, CANP leaders work with members to design a program of courses featuring some of the most influential figures in the industry. That’s in addition to other educational opportunities that CANP membership delivers.
- What other benefits do I get as a CANP member?
The benefits of CANP membership include discounts on products, services and resources vital to you and your practice. These include items that make routine tasks easier, tools for managing your practice, and information channels that expand your knowledge base - as well as your career opportunities.
- When I renew my membership, when will I receive a new membership card?
When renewing online, a new membership card is generated and emailed to members immediately. When renewing by mail you will receive a new membership card within 3 business days by email. You can also access your membership card via the "My Membership" link in the "My Account" section.