Welcome to the West Los Angeles South chapter November meeting! HAPPY NP WEEK!!!!
Wednesday’s topic: Pulmonary HTN speaker: Kathy McCloy sponsor: Garrett Feldman from Gilead
Thursday’s topic: Brain, pituitary & skull base fractures, correlating signs & symptoms speaker: Amy Eisenberg
Remember NO DECEMBER MEETING
- CANP South Bay Town hall meeting on NP legal issues: Torrance Memorial Hospital in Torrance, CA at 6pm. RSVP to CANPSouthBayLA@gmail.com
- Emergency Medicine Bootcamp: Las Vegas, NV 12/3/12-12/6/12
- Arrhythmia Symposium: Cedars Sinai Medical Center Los Angeles, CA 12/7
- Celebration of Sally Bixby, RN and president of the Pasadena Tournament of Roses 12/5
- CANP Strategic Planning Workshop: Sacramento, CA 1/12/13
- 36th CANP Annual Education Conference: Monterey, CA 3/21/13-3/24/13
- Welcome Carmen Garcia, our new secretary!
- Please think about being a preceptor to further our profession – you get a free meeting and will be honored at our annual awards meeting. If you are interested please email us: email@example.com
- Let us know if you’re interested in becoming a delegate! We can send 3 and the deadline is 1/1/2013: Date is May 6-7th in Sacramento CA. The House of Delegates (HOD) is the voice of all CANP members, and functions as the legislative and policy-making body of the association.
- Lobby Day is May 6, 2012: Every year CANP shows its strength at the State Capitol by bringing NPs face-to-face with legislators. Join your colleagues in Sacramento for Lobby Day to learn about the coming year’s legislative issues and meet with legislators to help advance CANP’s agenda. Pricing $10 members, $5 students, $15 nonmembers
- Please think about nominations for your fellow NPs for the annual NP of Distinction and the Bridging Healthcare Needs awards given by the CANP. Please go to https://canpweb.org/about/np-awards/ to read about these awards. The deadline for applications is 11/15/12
- To receive your CME certificates, please log in to http://canpweb.org -- under “My Account” and then “My Continuing Education” you will find your certificates and be able to print them for your records.
- We are always accepting donations at the monthly meetings for Out of the Closet, a local thrift store that benefits the AIDS Healthcare Foundation.
- If you are looking for a preceptor, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students looking for preceptors: Trisha Gill, FNP student contact: email@example.com
Please register for meetings through the CANP website at www.canpweb.org by clicking on events and events listing to find out the event title and information. You will need to login in order to register and pay online.
2012-2013 Board Members: Liz Kwan (president), Evi Desser (president-elect), Sandra Bresnahan (treasurer), Mary Schoenbaum (membership), Patty Cason (leg. rep), Susie Crow (marketing), Carmen Garcia (secretary)