What’s Going On?
Stay informed, not only about the latest developments in your chapter, but also how fellow chapter members are raising the profile of nurse practitioners and the CANP.
- Board Meeting Minutes - September 10, 2014
BOD meeting September 10,2014
- Student networking night – it was proposed that our chapter organize an evening where we invite NP students , prospective employers and membership to meet with students. The purpose would be early engagement of students to increase potential membership. This would be modeled after an evening presented by the Orange County CANP chapter.
This Win-win opportunity would help pair students with preceptors and potential employment. This event could also include an opportunity for PAC fundraising
ACTION: the group will start to generate ideas and develop a plan by the New Year
- Light up the Night Walk October 11, 2014 5 pm Group to fund raise and participate in fund raising walk for lymphoma and leukemia society. This walk will increase our visibility as NPs
- Straighten out double registration
- Order tee-shirts with CANP logo – Bethany
- Send information and inspirational emails to membership
- Informational item.: Cat has moved our account to a more accessible location. she is battling with bank management to eliminate service charges
- Informational item : Julie and Sharon will attend leadership summit in Sacramento October 4, 2014
- Informational item: BOD meetings will take place immediately after the general meetings for convenience
- Call for ideas: for fundraising for the pact. The BOD will compile ideas for subsequent meetings ACTION : plan to be complete by the new year
- Proposed and approved : November is NP month.
ACTION meeting fee $10 to be waived and in lieu of the fee a call for can good donations for the battered women and children center for Christmas. Cat will design and help create a festive presentation such as a Christmas tree>
- Informational:: a Trivallley banner will be purchased to be use for advertising and identification purposes
- Discussion: relative to scholarship to California state. We are offering 2 scholarships to the conference. Group is looking for ideas on who will be eligible and how the selection process will proceed.
- Discussion items : the job description of the legislative liaison
- Read More
- Business meeting: up date on legislative & funding
CANP TriValley Chapter Business Meeting Notes 09/04/13 6:30 – 7:00pm at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse in Woodland Hills, CA Sponsored by TEVA.
TriValley Chapter BOD
President: Apinya Harland
Vice President: Vivien Shadd
Membership Co Chair: Deborah Tsunoda
Treasurer: Mary Jean Lockard
Legislative Chair: Deborah Onken
Communications and Marketing Chair: Catherine Loring
Membership Co-Chair: Sherri Friedrich
Student Representative: Carrie Friedman
Student Representative: Debra Lesin
- Read More
- Congratulations Tri-Valley Member Susan Opas
Member Susan Opas was recognized at Kaiser Woodland Hills for her accomplishments to health care at Kaiser and had done Medical Missions for Project Hope. Check out Kaiser Woodland Hills lobby and you will see this poster and beautiful picture of Susan.
- Read More