News and Opinions
Use the links below to download recent news articles and editorials about nurse practitioners and their growing role in healthcare. You can also keep an eye on our NPs in the News archive for other coverage.
– San Jose Mercury News, August 15, 2017
Summary: The latest UCSF study shows lack of primary care doctors to be a problem. Solution: allowing nurse practitioners to work at the highest level of their education and knowledge!
– Behind the Badge OC, July 24, 2017
Summary: A nurse practitioner on the front lines is producing real results – "dispatched over 1,700 times, and has prevented 57 percent of the 554 patients she’s treated from making an unnecessary trip to the ER."
– University of Rhode Island, July 18, 2017
Summary: Study finds hospitalization and ER visits drop over 60 percent with NP visits.
– Amarillo Globe News, June 7, 2017
Summary: A step in the right direction – our nation trusts us to help care for those who have served. We will continue to lead.
– CBS Los Angeles, March 21, 2017
– California Health Report, March 20, 2017
– Managed Healthcare Connect.com, February 17, 2017
– Journal of Emergency Medical Services, February 1, 2017
– Forbes, December 13, 2016
– US News and World Report, September 22, 2016